The quickstart package helps you to re-produce our live demo that we have on our site (www.beautiful-templates.com). It is the recommended way for newbies or if you don’t want to go through the individual setup of each component, module or plug-in
What’s Included In Package
Downloading gives you a unzip-first-template-name.zip file with all the content listed below:
- Extensions - These are your free modules/plugins to use on that template.
- Quickstart/Quicksetup - This is your main joomla quickstart file. It will help you to produce our demo quickly
- Template - This is the template only install file.
This section covers how to install our templates. There are tow ways to install the template.
- Quickstart - a Joomla installation package that contains all the data and extensions to reproduce the live demo.
- Single Template - install the template in an existing Joomla installation and setup it from scratch.
The quickstart package helps you to re-produce our live demo that we have on our site (www.beautiful-templates.com). It is the recommended way for newbies or if you don’t want to go through the individual setup of each component, module or plug-in. The steps to follow are as follows:
1. Upload and extract the quickstart.zip to your server . A good FTP that we use is Filezilla. In most cases you will unpack it under the public_html folder, wwwroot folder (windows hosting) or the root folder of your server. In this exam, we extract it under /public_html/demo/templates-joomla/st_orddie
2. Access your site on the browser http://www.mysite.com and this should direct you to the installation prompt of your Joomla installation. Ex: http://beautiful-templates.com/demo/templates-joomla/st_orddie
3. Follow the Joomla installation prompts as you would a normal Joomla installation. In this step, I assume that you have some very basic Joomla experience.
4. Remember to check install sample data in latest step.
5. Once the installation is complete, delete the installation folder and your site should look exactly like the demo version.
Single Template Method
The single theme method is if you already have an install of joomla and you just want to install the template. The steps to do this are as follows:
1. Locate the file in template folder, then go to your joomla installs administration panel. Go to Extensions > Extensions Manager and then click the browse button and select the file template zip file, click ‘Upload & Install’.
2. Go to: Extensions > Template Manager, you will see the template simply click the star in the default column next to the name. You have now set our template as your default template, take a look at the front end of your website and your new template is ready for you to start using.
NOTE: This is only necessary when you have an existing Joomla installation. For the quickstart option, all the components, modules and plug-ins are included and installed.
To install the components, modules and plugin, do the following:
1. Extensions are in Extensions folder
2. Login to your Joomla backend e.g. http://www.mysite.com/administrator and navigate to the Extension Manager.
3. On the install tab, click on choose file on the Package File field and locate your unzipped extensions file and select one. Click on the ‘Upload & Install‘ button. Once the extensions have installed successfully, you will get a success notification.
4. Repeat step 3 for all the other extensions.
To check our template positions
1. Open Extension Manager -> Template Manager and click Options button
2. Enable the Preview Module Positions
3. Now you can check the template position with '?tp=1'. Ex:http://beautiful-templates.com/demo/templates-joomla/st_orddie/?tp=1
When you use Single Template Method, you will need to recreate modules you want.
Now , we will compare and recreate modules from Quickstart Setup. If you do not setup Quickstart Setup, you should setup it for test and prepare sample.
After setup Quickstart, you will get our demo and we can find moudles on this demo. Each modules has a ID, so you can open this module in Module Manager of Joomla
The HTML structure of module like below:
// module content
In this case, we will create Logo module with Chrome browser.
- Open the Chrome browser with http://localhost/your_quickstart (Or Our demo http://beautiful-templates.com/demo/templates-joomla/st_orddie )
- Right Click on Logo then choose Inspect Element
- You can see Logo Module has ID = 87
Then you can open this module in Module Manager
- Now create a new module with sample config
- Repeat above step with other modules you want